Monday, July 9, 2012

Ten Thingys About Me

Roger Deakins - I believe Deakins is one of the best cinematographers in the industry. This link is for one of the most beautifully shot scenes I can recall and is in the film The Assassination of Jesse James, shot by Deakins.



Curb Your Enthusiasm - I am a long time fan of Larry David. A long time Seinfeld fan, and an even bigger Curb fan, I have found his style of humor to sync naturally with mine and my friends'.  My favorite portion of the clip below starts at 3:40 and is a scene where Larry runs into his soon to be Ex at their attorney's office.


NBC Comedies - I have been an ardent viewer of NBC's Thursday night line up for several years now. Many would assume that I jumped on The Office bandwagon, which is true, but at a latter date. I was attracted by Tina Fey from Saturday Night Live to her new show 30 Rock, and have since remained a loyal fan while picking up on the new shows such as Parks and Recreation.


Saturday Night Live - Need I say more?


I Love All Types of Music - Proven by Pavarotti's last exhibition. Consider yourself cultured!


Hobbies and Interests - They are ever changing. Television and Film remain as one of my interests that have sustained. The excuse I use for this is that I am constantly learning about new ventures. A jack of all trades, master of none.
Six months ago I was really into Rat Rods. Still love them but not like then.

Ernest Hemingway - One of my newer obsessions is Hemingway's writings. Of course I had known a little about the man, but was never interested in his writings, but I have become increasingly attuned to his prose and style. I am currently reading Islands In the Stream. 

Woody Allen - I am begrudgingly becoming an Allen fan. I understand the necessity to love him as a student of film, and I think this is why I was standoffish at first. His talent for the written word is so vastly proven by each of his different works, that I am becoming astonished. I am half annoyed by his whinny temperament, but his intellectualism keeps me returning.

 


The Newsroom - Aaron Sorkin's latest project has captured my attention and with no disdain. I knew I would love it and I do. I am also glad HBO is giving me something on Sunday nights for the summer.


Comedy - The greatest thing that human beings have invented, aside from compounding interest, is humor. I have loved to laugh and even more to make others. All my material isn't great, some of it stolen, but I enjoy comedic wit more than breathing. While I could live without one, I would hate to lose either.


4 comments:

  1. haha i love comedy too! My favorite comedy show on tv right now is Louis. And i agree, without humor life would be much less interesting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louis is my favorite show as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Seinfeld! I'm just getting into Curb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a Tina Fey fan too and I like Parks and Rec also.

    ReplyDelete