Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Mediocrity is a Must

  I don't often shoot for the middle, but honestly I don't have a desire to be the most famous person in the world in any entity. I have recently grown an admiration for Woody Allen. And more for the fact that he understands his brand of humor or content is not for everyone. He makes his films with a reasonable budget expecting to make at least one more dollar than what it cost to make the film. His ability to remain economic has afforded him great luxuries in the industry that I would be proud to have. While I certainly am no Woody, I understand that my brand of humor, as well as my spin on intellectuality can be endearing to some. It is more often annoying with a hint of comedic relief. I thought film making would be an enjoyable way to make a living, and it wasn't until actually finishing a project that I discovered an absolute desire to be apart of this industry in some facet.
  This class, in just the few short periods of meeting, has already proven to be extremely informative. I can't wait to learn technicals, so that I can communicate a vision and execute it. Kiss-assery aside, I am excited to learn from someone with field experience and a vast knowledge because nearly everything I know has been self taught through rabbit holing on the google box.

1 comment:

  1. I also often fall down the rabbit hole on the google box... and tumblr (but that freaks me out too much!)... but google is amazing resource actually.

    Avoid YouTube spam and go for the good blogs. Start with the links on the top right of the course blog... nofilmschool, Philip Bloom.... have fun - this is fun, right?!

    ReplyDelete